Good headphones are a MUST — and it’s no surprise that you’re looking at the V-MODA CrossFade line!
However, you’ve reached a stalemate: which should you choose between the V MODA LP2 vs M100?
Let me help you out in the decision-making process!
Whether you’re looking for the best headphones for your experience or a work-at-home setup, you’ll eventually find the best headphones for you.
Ready for the review? Let’s start.
V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Overview
Let’s begin this article with an overview of the LP2:
Below, I’ve explained the LP2’s main features to give you a better idea of what you can expect from it:
These over-ear headphones have 50mm, dual‑diaphragm drivers, LP2’s Live Play sound makes you feel like you’re on-stage.
Expect PRECISE and IMMERSIVE sound quality and clear treble and bass.
The LP2 cushioning provides the right support and noise isolation, which were really helpful in keeping me focused.
Durable and Portable
These headphones are tough yet sleek. The minimal look goes well with its portability!
In fact, it comes with a protective case that fits the headphones perfectly — so I’m not worried about them being crushed or hitting other things in my bag anytime I travel with them.
Comes with Accessories
The V-MODA CrossFade LP2 comes with a mic cable and an audio-only cable for the best listening experience.
I also loved the inclusions that ensure my headphones are always at the top of their game:
- Shield kit
- Carry case
- Carabiner clip
- Cleaning cloth
With a Two-Year Warranty
You can hand in your LP2 at any time within two years of purchase to get it back to its peak shape.
- Good value – I’d say the V-MODA CrossFade LP2’s accessories, portability, and tough build make the price VERY worth it!
- You can use it for various events, and it will last long in your possession.
- Comfortable to wear – We all get irritable if the headphones have tight clamping or an inefficient headband design, but the V-MODA LP2 makes sure it puts ergonomics first.
- XL pads are available if the ear cups are too small for you!
- Sleek in-sounds and designs – The V-MODA CrossFade LP2 doesn’t only look high-end but proves that its clarity is one of a kind, too!
- Unbalanced sound – The bass is STRONGER in volume, especially in comparison to other headphones. Because of that, I’d say it’s best for those who love to listen to electronic music!
- Recessed mids and highs – The sound’s other technical aspects can be hard to hear, which muddles up the experience.
The V-MODA CrossFade M100 Overview
Now I’ll give you a quick overview of the M100:
Let me list down the M100’s main features so you can better understand what it can offer you:
Listening with this headset allows you to have a rich experience.
Its power is backed by different sound engineers, DJs, and musicians to bring you the BEST possible sound!
Built to Last
I’m willing to bet that the metal headband will take a lot of beatings before it could even have a chance to crumble.
This is thanks to V-MODA going into excruciating detail to make sure the M100 endures as much as possible!
Portable and Comfortable
The pads cushion each ear, and the headphones are LIGHTWEIGHT.
With its carry case, carabiner clip, and adapter, you won’t find anything lacking if you choose to bring these headphones along for a long journey.
Minimalist Design with Customizable Options
Cushioned ear pads and smooth, sleek colors are only some of the details the M100 comes in!
I also really like how you can even choose to engrave or print your own art and colors if you’d like.
Comes with a Two-Year Warranty
Like the V-MODA Crossfade LP2, you can avail of the two-year warranty at any time.
- Foldable for travel – Not only does it come with its own case, adapters, and carabiner, but the M100 also has the patented CliqFold hinge.
- This made it really easy for me to fold it up and bring it anywhere!
- Improved sound and noise cancellation – Tune the world out and listen to what the M100 has in store.
- The mid-range sounds are CLEARER, and the treble complements the bass well.
- More accessories are available – The accessories make it easier for you to have the best sound qualities no matter where you are or what genres you listen to!
- It fits your workspace, gaming time, and plain leisurely experience.
- Recessed sound – The same problem strikes again! The M100 still has recessed high and mid-range sounds, though the bass beats are more than developed.
- Needs adjustment time – Clamping may be a bit tight, and the ear cups run small. You can do what I did and see how the experience is for a day or two with frequent adjustments and a pair of earpads!
- If it’s still not a good experience, it may be good to have it replaced.
- Expensive – The price was admittedly quite shocking for me, but it’s still up to you to decide whether it’s a good investment for creating audio!
V-MODA CrossFade LP2 vs. M100 Comparison: The Code to Follow
Both products come from a company dedicated to making the BEST high-fidelity headsets, so you’re bound to encounter similarities!
It might make it harder to choose at first, but I’ll guide you through it.
Let me discuss what you should consider between the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and M100’s similarities and differences.
Tech Specs: Similarities and Differences
I’ve presented the LP2 and M100 to you individually.
Now, I’ll place them side-by-side so you can more easily see their similarities and differences.
Audio and Sound Quality
Why are you getting headphones in the first place?
To FULLY appreciate the audio you’re listening to!
- Both the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and M100 are bass-heavy.
- As a result, both have recessed high and mid-range sounds.
- Both products boast immersive and rich sound!
- Despite their shortcomings on the high and mid-range sounds, the M100 has a cleaner treble that complements the bass!
- Expect the V-MODA CrossFade LP2 to have a more compressed SoundStage in comparison to the M100.
If you’re investing in headphones, you’ll want something with high build quality so it lasts you a LONG time.
- Both the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and V-MODA CrossFade M100 are customizable.
- Unleash your inner designer and go into detail with laser engraving and color printing!
- The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and the V-MODA CrossFade M100 have the same strong, sleek metal-core material.
- Each pair is durable and minimalist in design, so it will not be replaced anytime!
- The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 are ergonomic, with the same soft cushioned pads for your ears and head.
- However, this instance can also be a drawback! There are similar complaints about the M100 and LP2’s tight clamping and adjustment needs.
- The M100 is more durable.
- Aside from the metal-core band, this one headphone has also been tested and reinforced with cables.
- The M100 has dual inputs, creating a more customizable environment for you.
- The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 is lighter compared to the M100.
- Though it’s only by 20 grams, I’m telling you it can be a big difference when added to your backpack or while in transit.
Design, Comfort and User Experience
Of course, we all want headphones that will give us the BEST experience possible.
- The V-MODA M100 and LP2 come with a two-year warranty and an Immortal Life Replacement Program!
- You can easily repair anything broken within two years.
- If something needs any replacing beyond that time, the Immortal Life Program allows you to get a DISCOUNT on a replacement or upgrade.
- Both products employ soft cushions for the perfect, comfortable fit for hours. The noise isolation allows you to focus on the audio, too!
- Crank it up to the full volume and escape the world!
- Both products come with a microphone cable.
- If you add more to your account, you can also purchase their compatible BoomPro Microphone cable and SpeakEasy DAC/AMP lightning cable.
- While both are portable, only the V-MODA CrossFade M100 has the patented CliqFold hinge for the headset to fold easily into your case.
- The V-MODA CrossFade M100 has more customizable designs available.
- For example, the headset already comes in four different colors in addition to the customizable choices you can take with its design!
- Only the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 has an extra shield kit with screws and a screwdriver.
- While the V-MODA CrossFade LP2 uses the Play, Pause, and scroll functions, the M100 employs a mute button on the inline remote.
- The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 has an audio-only cable, while the V-MODA CrossFade M100 has a SharePlay cable for mixing.
- Should you add more value to your setup for the M100, you can also buy an additional CoilPro cable!
AMP and DAC Requirements
The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and the V-MODA CrossFade don’t require an amp!
However, they offer some value with their SpeakEasy DAC/AMP option.
This is probably the biggest difference you’ll face with the V-MODA CrossFade LP2 and the V-MODA CrossFade M100.
- The LP2 costs around $149.99.
- Meanwhile, the M100 prices are higher at around $249.99.
Which One Should You Choose?
Now that I’ve shown you all the specs and features both products can offer, it’s time to decide.
Which V-MODA CrossFade product is the one for you? Let me give you some clarity.
Get V-MODA Crossfade LP2 If…
- You love electronic music! You won’t need to adjust the volume to get to the beats and bass you crave.
- You need an all-around set for gaming, work-from-home setups, or favorite songs.
- You need something DURABLE.
- A headphone on your ears and head has to last a long while, and the V-MODA Crossfade LP2 is a perfect choice!
- You want something portable now and then. While you might primarily use the V-MODA CrossFade LP2 at home or in the office, this set is also perfect for taking calls outside or bringing them along for travel.
- You want something lighter. The M100 is 20 grams heavier — and while it may seem not much, I can tell you it’s an added burden to your everyday essentials.
- You want a model that has value for money. You pay less but still get a premium amount of power.
Get V-MODA CrossFade M100 If…
- You prefer something more balanced!
- The M100 has more bass, but the mid-range is fixed. As a result, you can connect and experience a variety of genres.
- You can expand your musical tastes: from acoustic guitar to pop ballads.
- You have more of an opinion on style. There are more customization options and colors to choose from with the M100.
- You want something reliable for travel. While the LP2 is also portable, the M100 has a hinge that lets you easily fold the pair.
- You want something more durable. The V-MODA M100 is also less likely to be broken due to its reinforcements.
- You don’t mind paying extra for a bit more flexibility with your experience. It may be more expensive, but I promise it’s still value for money!
- You want to enable mixing as a professional musician.
- The V-MODA CrossFade M100 offers just a bit more power when mixing with more inputs, options, and accessories.
The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 and the V-MODA CrossFade M100 are good headsets for their price! Both are durable, portable, and equipped with more bass than usual.
Plus, the detachable cables can include a built-in mic.
If you love electronic music or bass guitar, they would be the perfect value choice.
The V-MODA Crossfade LP2 is for those who want something for leisure.
- It’s portable for everyday transit and use.
- If you like to game and need something for remote work and learning, this is also the best option!
If you want something more professional, with better noise isolation, and a more durable and portable build, I’d recommend the V-MODA CrossFade M100 for you.
Pay for the extra value the V-MODA CrossFade M100 offers. I can say it’s worth it!
I hope I helped clarify which V-MODA CrossFade model has the best value for your needs!
Both are pretty good products, and it’s up to you to decide now!
Whether you choose the V-MODA CrossFade LP2 or the V-MODA CrossFade M100, I assure you that you will have a wonderful listening experience!
November 28, 2022 – minor formatting edits