One of the best selling mini midi controllers, ever!
Akai is an old and well-known manufacturer of keyboards. The company has been in the business for over 30 years.
In that period, they have been able to manufacture loads of music production gear, that have created some of the biggest tunes in all styles from hip hop to house.
The MPK Mini MKII is an improvement of their older version of mini midi controller.
This controller has been designed specifically for portability and has been made with enough knobs, pads and buttons to keep beatmakers on the move making sounds on the run.
Overall, we rate the device at 4.8 stars out of 5. Inside this Akai MPK Mini MK2 review will cover the key aspects of the device, including its notable advantages and disadvantages.
- Multiple controls, keys and knobs
- Amazing Value
- Portable Power House
Lets Check Out The Competition
Akai Professional Mpk Mini Mk2 Review
As you have seen in this Akai MPK Mini MK2 Review, the keyboard is quite a bargain.
Many other manufacturers hike their prices just because of features already available in this keyboard.
The product is designed for people who like to work on their music when traveling.
It is small and can be carried around easily. Also, it is powered by USB cables, and this makes it even easier to carry around.
The knobs are even short to prevent breakage in case it falls when being moved.
The only notable disadvantage of the gadget is the fact that it has small keys.
These can be hard to use since most people are already used to piano-style keys.
Regardless, we would recommend it to artists who travel a lot with their keyboards.
It serves its purpose better than most of the devices on the market, and for a much lower price.
- USB MIDI controller with 25 velocity sensitive synth action keys with dedicated octave up and down buttons to increase the keyboard to the full melodic range
- Innovative 4 way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control, plus a built in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes
- USB powered, robust and ultra compact design lets you create anywhere
- 8 backlit velocity sensitive MPC style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level for programming drums, triggering samples and controlling virtual instrument / DAW controls
- 8 fully assignable Q Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug ins and more
- Comprehensive production software package for Mac and PC worth over $150 included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)