- An aspiring DJ?
- A well-established, professional DJ with a fully booked calendar?
Either way, you’ll need the right DJ equipment and the best DJ speakers to achieve your ultimate goal: To mix a GREAT set with top-notch audio quality for your audience.
Deciding on the ideal set of speakers can be difficult. There are tons of DJ speaker brands on the market.
We want to help simplify your selection by rounding up 9 of the best DJ speakers out there. These range from the best, most affordable, and most portable DJ speakers for party DJs.
If you’re still practicing in your bedroom and getting ready for your first gig, don’t let that discourage you from getting REAL DJ speakers and growing into them.
Throwing house parties and providing the sound, lighting, and decks for local events is a great way to make money,
Get your name out there and start to DJ in front of a crowd with the BEST studio speakers for your setup.
Let’s get this party started.
Best DJ Speaker Reviews
1. Pyle PPHP1037UB (Powered Active PA Loudspeaker Bluetooth System)
Best Overall DJ Speakers
- Item weight: 44.02 lbs.
- Speaker size: 13.8” x 17.0” x 27.0”
Looking for a blasting sound? The Pyle system has a built-in self-powered subwoofer that will blow you away.
You can also easily connect this powered speaker to your iPod or iPad via Bluetooth.
Whether you have an outside or indoor event, the Pyle will be efficient with the adjustable frequency knob. This powered speaker is made to be durable with an engineered ABS box construction.
You can connect it to multiple devices and other powered PA speakers for larger crowds, too.
- Bluetooth system
- Adjustable frequency knob
- Includes a 1-year warranty
- Built-in port for easy mounting
- Build-in USB flash drive reader
- Three-channel mixer
- Deep bass sounds are missing
2. LyxPro SPA-8 (Compact 8″, Portable PA System)
Best Budget Option For Small Gigs
- Item weight: 14.7lbs.
- Speaker size: 17.1” x 11.6” x 0.96”
This lightweight and compact DJ speaker is extremely portable. The sound system is perfect for smaller functions and venues.
On top of that, it has an 8” woofer for extra sound.
The multiple inputs and output options will allow you to connect your system to microphones, other speakers, and more.
Control high frequencies with the treble knob and create a perfectly balanced sound. The SD card slot is a great addition to this device.
- Bluetooth capability
- Variety of input options
- Onboard EQ technology
- Easy to operate
- Very affordable
- The Bluetooth sometimes disconnects automatically
3. JBL EON206P (Portable All-in-One 2-Way PA System, 6-Channel Mixer)
Best Professional DJ Speaker Setup
- Item weight: 33.1 lbs.
- Speaker size: 27.9” x 13.4” x 20.9”
If you’re looking for speakers that are great for mixing, then these are it. This system offers you two speakers with 6.5” subwoofers for a loud sound.
The cable storage will prevent damaging the cables and tripping over cords, so that’s a plus.
It has a built-in 6-channel powered mixer so you can play your music without limits. Traveling with these speakers is made easy with the soft-grip handle design.
- Includes two speakers
- Integrated power storage
- Easy to use with large knobs
- The instruction manual isn’t included
4. Rockville RPG12 (12″, 1600W Powered PA/DJ Speakers, Pair)
Best Dj Speakers Plus PA System
- Item weight: 109 lbs.
- Speaker size: 16.37” x 12.75” x 23.11”
You can adjust the height of this powered speaker with the steel stands and easily pack them away in the provided carry bag.
The built-in bass equalizer will protect your speakers even on the highest volume setting. The built-in 12” woofer will maximize your sound quality, too!
Thanks to the included mountable brackets, you’ll have options between different setup positions. You don’t have to buy any additional input or output cables as they’re all included.
- 2-way design for different setup options
- Wide dispersion
- Flyable and stand mounting options
- Includes mounting brackets
- Blue LED features
- The volume settings for the two speakers differ tremendously.
5. Sony GTKXB7BC
High Power Home Audio System
- Item weight: 26 lbs.
- Speaker size: 33” x 17.5” x 16.5”
This system’s LED lighting will add the perfect mood to any party. The extra bass will allow you to enjoy each and every beat of the music.
Want to connect the system to more speakers?
The party chain feature will allow you to easily add more sound to the party. You can stream your music from any device using Bluetooth!
The clear audio function will automatically offer you quality sound settings.
You can control and customize all your settings on your Smartphone via the SongPal app Sony offers.
- Mood-setting LED lighting
- 2-way design for different setup options
- Can plug-and-play via USB
- Can stream music easily with Bluetooth and NFC
- Party chain sometimes takes a while to sync
- The app doesn’t perform well at times
6. Rockville BPA12 (12″, Professional Powered Active 600W DJ PA Speaker)
- Item weight: 25.9 lbs.
- Speaker size: 13.79” x 12.02” x 22.46”
We love wireless speakers.
The Rockville BPA12” offers a 32-ft. Bluetooth range. The wireless remote allows you to easily manage settings from a distance.
If you want to connect a mixer or a subwoofer to this powered speaker, you can do so via the XLR line output.
The lightweight design has a powerful amp to give you quality bass notes. With 600W, this DJ speaker offers high frequency and clear sound.
- Includes a wireless remote
- Handle allows easy carrying
- AB amplifier technology
- Includes a stand mounting
- Titanium diaphragm compression for clear sound
- The power cable is very short
7. Rockville RPG8 (8″, Powered Active 400 Watt 2-Way DJ PA Speaker System)
- Item weight: 19.35 lbs.
- Speaker size: 14” x 11.5” x 9”
We love a good bargain, don’t you? This system is affordable, and you’ll love the sound balance of this speaker with the equalization processor.
The flyable and stand-mounting options allow you to set up your system in different positions at any venue.
The blue LED indicators also add a detailed touch to the design.
A built-in 8” woofer will offer you a subtle yet deep bass sound. It also has an internal switch-mode supply that allows you to enjoy low distortion.
The ultra-low noise mic will ensure a professional sound system for any DJ.
- Provides deep and ample bass and acoustic power
- Built-in bass and treble equalization processor
- Ultra-wide dispersion
- Rugged ABS construction
- Lacks Bluetooth functionality
8. Numark Lightwave (2-Way DJ Speaker with Beat Sync’d LED Lights)
- Item weight: 19.35 lbs.
- Speaker size: 14” x 11.5” x 9”
This will be the ultimate addition to any house party. It offers five customizable light features.
Your audience will enjoy hours of fun with the different colored LED lights display. This speaker is extremely portable and lightweight, so you’ll be able to move and install it easily.
You can bring the party to any venue with the 6.5” subwoofers. It also has a 1” tweeter for great sound. You can easily connect DJ mixers and more speakers to this system.
- Built-in dual LED arrays
- Five customizable lighting modes
- Tall, compact frame
- 3 woofers for strong bass sounds
- No Bluetooth functionality
9. Mackie Thump15A (1300W, 15″, Powered Loudspeaker)
- Item weight: 40 lbs.
- Speaker size: 14” x 17.4” x 27”
This system is a powerhouse! It offers 1300W of ultimate sound. You’ll have booming sound with the bass response technology it offers.
The built-in 2-channel mixer makes this one of the top PA speakers for DJ’ing. The design is durable and portable with a side handle.
It’ll be a reliable, professional addition to any DJ’s gig with the 4 application-specific mode.
Ever experienced the frustration of unstable AC power at a function?
The power factor correction feature will avoid embarrassing moments due to power interruptions.
- Durable and high-quality design
- Power factor correction
- Application-specific mode
- Suitable for outside and inside functions
- Easy to set up
- Lacking bass
Our Pick for the Best DJ Speakers
We’ve given you a summary of 9 of the best PA speakers from some of the best DJ speaker brands.
While all these systems offer you exceptional sound quality and many benefits, there’s one speaker that, in our opinion, is one of the best-powered DJ speakers ANY DJ would appreciate.
Whether you want cheap DJ speakers for a house party or if you’re looking for the best wireless DJ speakers, our number one pick ticks all the important boxes.
The Pyle PPHP1037UB is lightweight and easy to take anywhere with travel wheels and a carry handle. You can use it for small- or medium-sized crowds at indoor or outdoor venues.
Complement these speakers with extra features like lights and a disco ball, and you can entertain your crowd while you play your top-notch sound quality speakers for up to 5 hours without having to plug them into a power source.
This set of best DJ speakers includes a 1-year warranty to ensure you’ll have a working system when you need it. It’s your long-term option, and it’s a good one!
A Buyer’s Guide to DJ Speakers
The first question you should ask yourself is what you want to achieve with the speaker:
- Are you going to be playing in front of larger crowds or…
- Will you only be DJ’ing at small functions?
If you’re going to be playing for larger groups and functions, you’ll want a speaker with more watts or amps.
You can alternatively add a subwoofer when you’re DJ’ing at larger functions. If you’re going to be a professional, you’ll want to spend more on your system.
This might mean spending more time doing proper research before you select one, but it might also mean spending more money on a durable set of speakers with better quality.
You’ll want to LOOK and SOUND professional to keep a good reputation in the industry.
You’ll be able to find systems that offer a lot of extra features such as light displays or disco balls. This is always a good option if you want to offer clients an all-in-one experience.
Most people would prefer extra lighting features at functions such as weddings and parties.
It’s also advisable to get a speaker with a Wi-Fi microphone if you’re DJ’ing at functions and wedding venues.
Portability of the Speakers
Being a DJ means often traveling around to required venues and functions. Your speakers should be portable enough for you to easily move around.
If you have a one-man DJ company, you’ll need to set up and transport your speakers without any help.
Here are a few things to look at regarding the movability of your sound set.
- Weight: Heavy speakers will be hard to lift in and out of your car
- Size: Smaller systems will fit into any vehicle and will be easier to move around. However, they may still be heavy, so be sure to check the weight of small speakers as well
- Wheels: Try to select a system with portable wheels attached for easier maneuverability
Considering these factors will help make your DJ setup so much easier to manage.
It’ll also prevent unnecessary scratching and damaging of your speaker due to knocks or dragging.
Powered vs. Unpowered
- Powered vs. Unpowered: When you’re buying a sound system, you’ll have the option of unpowered or powered speakers.
- Unpowered/Passive speakers: Also known as passive speakers will need an external power source or amplifier to be able to work.
- Powered speakers: A powered speaker already has an amplifier, so all you need is a power cable to be able to use these speakers.
- So which one is the better option? Unpowered speakers tend to lose more than 20% of the power from the amplifier. This is due to the heat it will dissipate.
The benefit of owning a passive speaker is that you can easily change or upgrade your amp system. When you have powered speakers, you can’t change the amp to a better one to upgrade your system as it’s built-in.
If you want to upgrade your amp, you’ll have to buy a whole new system.
It does, however, reduce your total costs at the end of the day as you don’t need to buy any additional amps. There really isn’t a better or worse option as both of these speaker types have pros and cons.
It’ll be up to you which pros you feel outweigh the drawbacks.
Below’s a video if you want more information about active speakers.
The quality of speakers is something that’s of extreme importance for any DJ. You’ll be traveling with your speakers, so you want them to be durable.
Quality systems usually offer warranties which can be very handy for DJs that are booked for occasions on a regular basis.
If something goes wrong, it’s easier to get a replacement set. The quality of the speaker’s sound is just as important.
Make sure your system has a well-balanced bass response and equalizer.
If you don’t invest in quality speakers you might end up with a distorted sound that won’t improve your reputation. If you want to sound professional, you should buy a professional sound system.
Is it really necessary to spend your last bit of savings on a sound system?
However, there are many affordable speakers available that’ll offer you quality sound, durability, and even a few extras such as LED displays. Check out our review on the Best Studio Monitors Under $200.
You don’t necessarily have to go the most expensive route when investing in a sound system, but you do have to do proper research before buying a cheap speaker.
Read customer reviews on all products and test out the sound quality if at all possible.
Since you’ll be saving money when buying more affordable speakers, we advise you to purchase an additional warranty for cheaper designs.
Tip: If you’re saving for a specific system, you can always get a cheaper option you can work within the meantime.
April 24, 2022 – updated article images
April 18, 2022 – minor content edits
May 20, 2021 – updated title and meta description, updated publish date, tagged primary keyword, added table of contents, added schema, updated product images and buttons, changed affiliated links to Genius links, added new article images, fixed and updated article formatting and content, updated external links and added 2 new external links, optimized content